Here are ways to focus on work
You are determined to finish the job at hand, and suddenly, something appears. You don’t think about how urgent any distraction is – just pay attention. Five minutes, ten minutes. And even an hour, sometimes … When you get back to work – boom – you have no idea where you left off or why you couldn’t put your mind and heart into it …
When you are unable to focus on work and become less productive, your valuable time and effort disappear forever. And there goes your moment and peak of creativity. Since there is no chance to close the world while you are busy, the decision to stay focused on the job is in your hands. It is about finding the right techniques, knowing your priorities and following them.
Stuck for ideas? Well, here are 10 ways to stay focused at work:
Always find fun in what you do
- Any significant task or routine takes up much of the focus. Before you start anything, ask yourself why you should do it. With your answer, there will be the exit you want – and you value the task.
- Then find ways for the task to become fun, such as allowing your creativity and imagination to play in the process. Do not stay within the limits of the “approved” exit; open your options for new and fun ideas.
- When you create something you can call your own, you are more likely to focus on the job.
- Choose a great combination of chair and table
- Many people find that work is physically strenuous, even if it is done sitting most of the time.
- Don’t waste precious time and get distracted by the discomfort. Get a very good chair with great back support; make sure your desk or work table is also well structured.
- That way, you can work for many hours and not find your body and eyes getting tense.
Organize your workstation
Too much at arm’s length or on your desk can really be a distraction. To stay focused on your work, have only the things you need stacked on your desk – store the rest properly, such as in a drawer or shelf.
Have an area for food and drinks, your purse or purse and other personal items. But keep them within reach so that you can have a drink without losing focus on what you are doing.
Keep your computer free from distractions
This is very important for people who always work on their computers. Put all the files related to each project or task in just one folder. Then, make sure your computer is always virus free to save you the hassle of checks and repairs. Instances like these cause stress and decrease your interest in completing tasks.
Have water nearby
Drinking water is not only healthy, it also refreshes. After feeling the first sign of fatigue or hunger, a glass of water can keep them away. Then, you can finish what you are doing and rest later. In addition, not all stomach snores are signs of hunger, and drinking a glass of water usually does this. Just make sure you have water at your arms. That way, you stay focused on work, instead of walking to the water station – and becoming a victim of distractions!
Take healthy food
- Like having water nearby, food that can calm a snoring stomach should always be close at hand.
- For the same reason that you have 90% of your attention at work, eating in the area of your workspace will not expose you to unrelated activities.
- Also, make sure the snacks at arm’s reach are healthy so you can keep your energy up.
- Make a daily to-do list and keep it close
- It’s always useful when you have your to-do list next to your computer, anywhere visible on your desktop or in an accessible application.
- Go through the “completed” tasks when you complete them, and you will have a sense of accomplishment and be satisfied.
Prioritize important tasks
The first hour of work is where most people are productive. This is because all the energies have not yet been spent. So, to be more productive, I never do that to start your morning.
Put all tax, difficult and challenging tasks on your agenda for the first hour. Follow them with less pressing work and finish with the routine tasks that you find boring.
These methods keep you focused on work, without spending precious time on tasks you don’t like. Do this and you will not be stressed out with important projects at the end of the workday.
Tell others about your strict personal policies
If you are committed to making your personal work system work, let others know. You would probably be alone in the hours when you focus on the really big and important job.
When people at work know you are in their “free time”, they ask questions and talk during those times. Unless there is a very urgent matter at hand, they will leave you at work. After all, they want the same.
— Be inaccessible, busy, absent … or “invisible”
Not all calls are about your apartment being mugged or a loved one in a precarious situation. So turn your phone off in silent mode for hours when you really need all the attention at work.
— You can also choose to activate the voicemail service.
As for instant messaging, set the status to indicate that you are “busy” or remain “invisible” while working. If you still receive IMs, just disable the notification or the program. Activate it later when your current task is not so urgent.
— Okay, after so many good tips, now just follow them and see your best result.
Read too: Save money for your trip.